Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Everyone seems to want to give me money today. When I came out from the LRT station at KLCC to go to work, I found three ringgit on the ground. “Finders keepers,” I said to myself as I picked up the bills and kept them in my purse.

After breakfast at San Francisco Coffee with Premala, I went to the ladies washroom. Inside the cubicle, on the tiny shelf for women to put their personal belongings, were three smacking new fifty ringgit bills with that fresh crisp smell of money. You can imagine my surprise seeing them there. There was no one in the restroom except me. “To take it or not to take it?” Those thoughts ran through my mind. My initial decision was to leave it there, for the original owner to pick up when she remembers it.

“Wait, … if you don’t take it now, some other dishonest person is going to, and all because you were Ms. Goody-two-shoes.” Sigh. Put it in my purse, I did. I feel a little bit like a criminal, but someone has to be one sometime. Is that any justification for taking a huge sum of money like that? *shrug* Who cares, huh?

3 comments:

Jeeem said...

The famous Annie, a.k.a. The Criminal Two Shoes.

Jeeem said...

Yo! I was going to tell a friend of mine (Benjamin Tamakloe) who lives in Ghana, Africa about your "African food via Mexican women tour guide" story, but IT ISN'T ON YOUR DAMN BLOG SITE. Jeeez Annie....when are you going to learn that despite YOUR observations of your blogsite, OTHERS WANT YOUR STUFF and they WANT IT NOW!

You are an excellent, talented writer and I hunger for your stuff....so get your head out of your arse and start posting these good stories!

(I had to reckon the best I could on your Mexican women / African restaurant story....just hope it comes out okay.)

Your pal and pseudo-scourge

Jeeem

Mika said...

Wow, what a fablous problem to have. :)